Friday, August 31, 2007

Wash Day and a little art...

Yesterday was a busy day for OJ and Grandma Sheila. I drove out to Panama to pick her up so Kari could have a down day. When we got to my house OJ painted while I set up the deck. Table, chairs, clothes line, wash tub and a plentiful supply of hankies (they dry quickly).
We were hoping Molly and Allie would arrive soon as we had plans to head to London Bridge. But alas, Molly was stuck at Walker Tire for hours longer than either of us had anticipated. So we played along, had a spot of lunch and finally
around 1:00 we heard from the Hall's. We would meet them at the store. Wow! Did we find the girl stuff. Babies, extra outfits, baby bed, high chair, ironing board and iron. The girls are set for a long school year of play at Grandma's. We had an abundance of boy stuff for the first round of grandchildren and now with the young set mostly girls (Mason and Wyatt I am keeping the guy stuff in good shape for round 2). The girls had fun at the store playing with the Thomas Train set and a fun doll house. Back at my house Molly and I began to assemble bed and high chair as the girls played dolls. But time came to a screeching halt as Molly had to get home to school kids arriving and poor OJ was melting. I'd put her in Grandpa's chair to give her a moment to put herself back together when good ol' Grandpa (who'd come home early from work) rescued her by asking OJ if she'd like to go take a nap with him and watch Shrek. She was out of that cahair and by his side hugging his leg in 3 seconds flat. Off they went with binky in tow. John came out in an hour or so and OJ slept on. I woke her at 5 as we had more adventures planned. John had been out of town for a few days and hadn't seen Abby Rose so off the 3 of us went. OJ wasn't too happy to be back up at that hospital(Kari had only been there a week ago) . But like John said she was willing to endure it because I had told OJ earlier in the day that I'd get her an ice cream cone on the way home. Had a great time with Gina and Joe and Abby( her hair is the shade of a silver fox, gorgeous!!). Joe made points by getting OJ a carton of chocolate milk. Off to the Ice Cream Shoppe, little Miss chose Bubblegum. Mmmmm, tasted like floor cleaner. John sat in the back seat with her on the ride to Panama to keep her clean. He did a terriffic job. OJ kept asking,"am I messy Grandpa?" and he'd reassure her she wasn't. Got her home by 7 :00 and realized her dinner had been chocolate milk and bubblegum ice cream. I sure am rusty as a parent but then I do like being Grandma and I know her Mom will feed her healthy meals the rest of the week. So all's good. I was tired but had a ball. The adventures continued today as neither Allie nor OJ had gotten to play with the new baby dolls etc. I will blog again tomorrow with pictures from today's adventures. Gina came home today and they will all be coming over tomorrow for the Husker game. Makayla will get her turn taking care of the new babies.

1 comment:

Angie Clayton said...

Sounds like a lovely day! Enjoy those babies!!