Tuesday, April 3, 2007

The Girls, Chrysanthemum and a Bobble too







Before I get started on my chatter let's all stop what we're doing and sing Happy Birthday to John. "Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you...and we do mean you." You're all in good form, but together we're off key as usual.
I've been waiting to post until I had some pictures. And now I do. Chrysanthemum was wild with excitement when Kari and the kids came over last week. OJ was getting licked and nuzzled
in the above picture, hence the uncontrollable laughter. Then there is Miss Hollywood playing Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head. My adorable toddler Chrysanthemum, with her favorite toys (couldn't resist putting that in). And, what else but, The Bobble.
If any of you are wanting to add glam to your boring knitted works go to www.diynetwork.com Click on shows and select Knitty Gritty. It's a video. I was stuck in front of the computer with knitting in hand rewinding many times as I attempted to create this cuteness. I think I have it with a little more fine tuning. This is my life, yikes. Some one save me. Never mind, don't. I love it.
I know some of you will remember the lady who sat in front of us at Cathedral with large-rimmed white glasses and her big bag that she continually dug through during Mass... and we'd all watch her during Palm Sunday as her busy fingers made crosses out of the palms. She even gave some of you one. She did like you guys. Well now you too can make crosses, etc. In Sunday's paper there were web sites listed for palm crafts. Somehow it almost seemed irreverent but still we'd all wished we'd known how to make those crosses.
I haven't checked it out yet, let me know or visa versa.
Sending you each my love and I do love you. Mom




11 comments:

Sheila said...

OK, I checked out the palm crafts.
Scarey. One woman had made an entire vase filled with her palm creations. Is it the way you all feel about my bobbling? Be honest. Me.

Emily said...

1. What is a bobble? I don't get it.
2. Palm crafts? Yikes. The funny thing is that here, at our high school church, we didn't get real palms. I had Ian and Madsey all excited about the wonderful green palms. Then they handed out the palms pre-made into crosses. They were already all dry and yellow. Disappointment there.
3. Love the OJ and Makayla pics. Makes me miss coming over to hang. Boo-hoo.

Thanks for posting mom, it's awesome! Happy Birthday, Dad. Mom you have to post a bunch of pics of dad for a commemorative birthday compilation.

Kari F. said...

I second the birthday compilation tribute. "The many faces of John Kuchta" And who wants to see it in the Sunday excerpt, you know the one with all the engaged couples, etc. Oh I so am going to do that one of these years, maybe for my gang maybe for one of you. Beware! Mom and Dad will be 60 soon, and then they have a 40th wedding anniversary in a couple years. Can anyone say "card shower" for the lovely couple. I can. "CARD SHOWER IS REQUESTED FOR JOHN AND SHEILA KUCHTA. MARRIED 40 YEARS ON JULY 12. THEY HAVE SEVEN BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN AND CHRYSANTHEMUM THEIR FOSTER DOG. THEY HAVE COUNTLESS GRANDCHILDREN- 25 AT LAST COUNT. PLEASE SHOWER...." Okay I'm babbling, but already the ideas they are a flowing. HeeHee. I'm laughing at my own hilarity.

Sheila said...

Emily, good idea. We're going out to eat after we vote tonight, I'll have the camera at the ready. Look at my pic of the knitting. The bobble(bubble) is sitting atop. Duh.

Now for you Kari. Stop. Settle down. Just say no to these tribute whatevers.

Emily said...

Oh, that was an on-purpose thing. Do you knit the bobble into what you are making or is it independent and just happens to be sitting on top of what you were making?? That's what I end up with after a frustrating session knitting.

Kari---Card Shower in 2010. Definitely. Hee hee!

Anonymous said...

Mine is knit into it but you can also make it alone and attach it later. DO NOT ENCOURAGE THAT GIRL. Mom

Steve and Molly said...

I thinks a big reception for the lovely couple is a definite possibility!!! Suprise:)
Love the bobbles mom!!! Oh and I wish they could hand out the palms after mass. My kids were all trying to make crosses, ripping, shredding palms all over the place! I took Ally's away and she threw a huge fit! So much for a nice peaceful Sunday. This too shall pass:)

Emily said...

My kids kept dropping their palm crosses and the people behind us kept picking them up. 15-20 times -really. Remember we currently have church in a high school auditorium with movie theater seats that go up and down. That was a little distracting I almost didn't notice mass was an hour and a half. Graces, right mom!?

Anonymous said...

Hi Mom!!!

I hope you and Dad have a HAPPY EASTER. What are your plans this year, thought we might stop by in the evening after Joan's but not if you are not going to be there.

LOVE YOU LOTS!!!

ps you were right that salmon was delicious!

Angie Clayton said...

Wow - at the risk of sounding irreverent when I went to one of these websites I was amazed that anyone would have time for some of the elaborate doo-dads you can make with dried palm leaves ... I definitely do remember getting the palm crosses every Sunday growing up though ... wonder whatever happened to all of them, because I remember saving them ... are they with all the fruitcakes of the world somewhere?? OK now I'm probably crossing a line for sure - eek. ANYWAY, love that you're blogging!
Angie

Emily said...

mom, please post again. you can do it!!! you have so much to share, with dad and chrysanthemum. bring it on!!!
Em